Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Apple Pie!


After all that apple picking there was only one thing to do - make apple pie! And it doesn't hurt that every time I went to take Gavin's picture he said "apple pie!" instead of cheese. I'm not sure where he got that, considering I have never made any pie ever, and he's never eaten any!






















I cut up all of our deliciously juicy apples - they were perfect! Having never made a pie before, I didn't realize you had to peel them... it didn't end up making any difference in the end, so it was ok!

The boys had so much fun stirring the flour and the apples, the fought over who's turn it was. And of course, they ate a few pieces from the bowl!


 I let them smash the dough in the bottom, and pinch it around the sides - they did a great job! This was Jared's favorite part, but he was a little rough...  I don't have any pictures of the finished product because it disappeared by the end of the day! It was so so good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment