...come some crazy things!
I asked Gavin to tell me a story today and this is how it went . It's a pig story.
G: "Once upon a time, a pig found a leaf!"
M: "Oh, yeah? Wow, then what?"
G: "then... he found some popcorn!"
M: "Did he eat it?"
G: "Yeah he eat it."
M: "Then what?"
G: "Then the pig found.... a door!"
M: "Where did it go?"
G: "It goes in!"
M: "Ohhh did he go inside?"
G: "Yeah he's in!"
M: "What was in there?"
G: "A cave, the pig was in a cave."
M: "A cave?!? No way."
G: "Yeah! And then he found... a scary wolf!"
M: "There was a scary wolf in the cave! Oh no! What happened to the pig?"
G: "The pig hit him! He went yah yah yah (insert karate chops) and the wolf just rolled with the punches."
Where does a three year old come up with the phrase "roll with the punches"???
Also, he is exclaiming after just about everything, "You kidding me?!?!" and gets this really concerned look on his face.
On another note, Jared got a potty today! I'm not sure how this will go - but I'll update soon!
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Well, September is over, time for a new theme! October's theme is music, I'll post more about that soon.
Here is the breakdown for September:
Here is the breakdown for September:
- Feed the ducks (***)
- Act like an animal game (***) For this game, I just call out the name of an animal, and they act it out.
- Chalk paw prints
- Petting zoo (***)
- Ocean in a bottle (**) Get and empty two liter bottle, put colored water in (ours was blue) then a few small fish toys, then fill the rest with oil.
- Animal bingo (**) http://gavinnjared.blogspot.com/2010/09/animal-bingo.html
- What do animals eat? (**) Simple questions, but fun!
- Make dog biscuits (***) I used this recipe: http://www.dogtreatkitchen.com/peanut-butter-dog-biscuit-recipe.html The boys loved giving them to the dogs we know!
- Stuffed animal hunt (**) I just hid all of our animals, and send the boys to find them!
- Balloon jellyfish (***) http://gavinnjared.blogspot.com/2010/09/jellyfiiiiiiissssh.html
- Make puppy chow (***) They ate this like it was their last meal.
- Hanging fish (***) http://gavinnjared.blogspot.com/2010/10/omg-why-would-i-give-him-glitter.html
- Hand print lion (***)http://gavinnjared.blogspot.com/2010/09/little-yellow-hands.html
- Paper plate owl (**) http://gavinnjared.blogspot.com/2010/09/preschool-at-home.html
- Dog paper bag puppet (**) http://gavinnjared.blogspot.com/2010/09/elephant-eats-guys.html
- Spiral snake (***) I gave them a green piece of paper to color, then I cut it in a spiral. We added eyes to one end, and tied a string to it. They dragged them all over the place!
- Cotton ball sheep (**)
- Animal coloring pages (***)
I rated these on a 3 star scale, depending on how much the boys liked it!
- Old McDonald
- Mary had a little lamb
- Little bunny foo foo
- Ba ba black sheep
- Three blind mice
- This little piggy
- Velveteen Rabbit
- Very Hungry Caterpillar
- Lady Bugatti
- Elmo's Zoo
- Over the Meadow
- Do Pigs Have Stripes
- If You Give a Pig a Pancake
- Pigs Rock
- Baby Bird
- Where's the Green Sheep?
- Animal Sounds
- Milo & Otis
- A Bugs Life
- Finding Nemo
- Peter Rabbit
- Lion King
- Baby Animals
- Ants on a log (celery, peanut butter, raisins)
- Marshmellow & pretzel animals
- Fish jello bowl (small bowl, pour blue jello in half, let it set, place some gummy fish on and fill the rest of the bowl with jello.)
- Animal crackers
- Cup of worms (pudding, crushed oreos, gummy worms)
Yes, I gave my two and three year olds a bottle of glitter.
It was a crazy mess.
But... they loved it!
And I needed to vacuum anyway...
I cut strips of paper about five or six inches long and an inch or so thick.
I put a line of glue on the strip and let the boys pile on sequins and little jewels.
Then they added a few shakes of glitter, and we let them dry.
Then I cut slits toward the end of both sides, and folded them into fish.
Our "fish tank"
First, we saw blue clues live! They loved it, of course!
Poor Steve was tired and sweaty, but all the kids were in awe of him!
David and I went on our "minimoon" finally. We went to a hotel with a water park in it, and it was wonderful. A whole two days with no kids - unbelievable!
School is going well, my drawing class is great - I'll post some pics later.
Gavin is going potty all by himself now, tell me to "stay der". He also demands to get dressed by himself now. That's why is pants are on backwards.
Jared is talking so much! And everything he says is so clear, well, except for the little lisp he has...
Bad Mommy Award:
I just realized I have yet to take back the library books (they're like a month late...)
and Jared has scribbled IN PEN in the front of one.
I was playing with Jared today, he had a plastic tiger and I had a plastic giraffe. His tiger roared as me, so my giraffe said "ah! You're scary!"
Jared now thinks that all giraffes say "ahhhhh scary!"
Gavin told me to have patience today. I'll try.