Thursday, August 1, 2013

Ice Cream Social Party - Amelie's Second Birthday


Man, I love birthday parties. 
They're the best, right?
And seeing as this is the last time I'll have a two year old (*le sigh*), I had to go all out!


Welcome to Amelie's Second Birthday!


Omgosh, I'm so in love with these string globe lights. I found these at Target in their "end of season" sale. 
Side note: Why is the end of summer now in the middle of July? I can't find a hammock anywhere!


The lights added so much charm to the party (and light). 
I used some clips I found at the dollar store to hang the lights right off the canopy.
And I only broke one bulb in the process!


They really came in handy when the kids when on a midnight tirade of the leftovers.


I didn't stick to a color scheme, I just wanted bright, fun, happy, summer colors.


Of course, lots of pictures of my pretty girl.


I made the giant number 2 out of foam core and glitter.
So much glitter.
Everywhere.


I also designed this chalkboard poster listing everything you need to know about Ami!
(You can order a custom one from me on etsy or facebook)



Birthday parties NEED balloons. And clearly the bigger the balloons the better.
I ordered a huge supply of balloons last year, and I'm so glad I did.



Nobody can be uncheered with a balloon!


My oldest, Gavin, has been begging me to have a lemonade stand, but since we live on a super quiet circle drive, Ami's party was the best time to serve lemonade.


He took his job very seriously.


He was a little disappointed not to be making money, but he did make a sign saying "Free Lemonade!"


But, of course, we had much more than just lemonade.
ICE CREAM!


I kept the ice cream flavors simple, with just chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla, because we had a TON of toppings.


Peanuts
White chocolate chips
Coconut
Strawberries
Gummy bears
Chocolate chips
Oreos
Blueberries
Marshmallows
Pretzels
Peanut butter cups
Cherries


Chocolate sauce
Peach sauce
Caramel sauce
Whipped cream
Bananas


I don't think two sundaes were the same.




Amelie had three cups! I, of course, didn't even finish one because I was too busy. Happens every time. 


And how awesome is Amelie's outfit?


The crown is from me, buy one here.


I bought the dress from Baby Cakes Little Girls Boutique.
Isn't it the prettiest thing ever? I LOVE IT.


Gold sparkle shoes from Target


So as Amelie happily tried out her new tricycle, the other kids decorated their bikes for our parade!





Even Dave got in on the parade action.


This was by far the best, and cutest, part of the party. 





After our parade, as the sun was starting to set, it was time for sparklers. 



\
Everyone gathered around for a (small) fireworks show.


Some liked it more than others.


As favors, we gave out ice cream bubbles that I found at Dollar Tree.


It was a super fun day! Thanks to everyone who came and celebrated with us.



No comments:

Post a Comment