Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Homemade Chicken Nugget Recipe


What kid doesn't love chicken nuggets, right? 
With back to school in a few days for my boys, I'm trying to get a jump start on prepping all those early morning lunch boxes. These chicken nuggets are not only delicious and easy to make, but they don't contain loads of sugar or need any weird chemical soak and dyes.

Ingredients:

1 lb of Chicken, cooked
2 Eggs
Bread crumbs
Wheat germ
Parmesan cheese
Salt


First shred your chicken, either in a food processor or mixer.
I over cooked my chicken a little, I've been watching the latest season of Downton Abbey and was distracted. Don't do that.


Add the eggs and salt. 
Not a great picture, but you get the idea - it's chicken.


Mix together breadcrumbs, wheat germ, and parmesan for the coating. I didn't measure, I just mixed it up until it looked good. I think crushed corn flakes would be equally as good.


I used my rice mold to press and form the chicken mix into small even shapes. And then, I just made patties because the shapes were taking too long. 


Roll your nuggets in the crumbs a few times and press for good coverage. 



I spread my baking sheet with butter to make them a little extra crispy, but that's totally optional. 
I was able to make 20 nuggets from this recipe.


Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes on each side. Or until they're golden and crispy.


Now you can eat them!
They're so easy and quick to make, you don't have to feel guilty eating a whole batch. If you want, you can freeze them and take a few out as you need.


Dip them in some homemade ranch - it's the best!



1 comment: