Saturday, August 3, 2013

Homemade Coffee Creamer (and Sweetened Condensed Milk) Recipe




Oh coffee.
How I love thee.
Totes the best part of my morning.
But, I can't drink it black. Bleck. I like it sweet and creamy!
Store bought creamer, is delicious. And full of chemicals. 
And holy kachow, it's expensive!

Making your own creamer is so easy. Literally two ingredients.
Sweetened condensed milk and milk. 

Let's start first with the sweet con milk. (I'm not sure why I always say it like that, but I do, so there you go.)

You need: 
1 cup dry milk
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 - 3/4 cup hot water
1/4 cup melted butter


Mix 1/2 cup water with the rest of the ingredients in a blender. If it's too thick, add the rest of the water until it is pour-able.


This makes roughly 1 cup of sweetened condensed milk. 
Now on to the creamer!
My creamer is one part sweet con milk to one part milk. 
I used whole milk, because that's what I had. I think it would be good with 2% or even skim.


I added a scoop of caramel (which is also made with sweet con milk!),
2 tsp. of vanilla and a pinch of cinnamon.
Blend it up and you're done!


For real you guys, this stuff tastes just as good as the kind that originally came in this bottle!


I can't wait to try other add-ins! I'm already planning on adding some pumpkin puree in the next batch - fall is coming!
If you end up making this, please let me know what you added and how it turned out!


3 comments:

  1. or you could just use pumpkin spice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no pumpkin in pumpkin spice. But I'll probably use both.

      Delete
  2. Wow, that looks delicious! Craving for it already! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete