Friday, August 2, 2013

Craft Room Inspiration Board


5. Quatrefoil pattern 6. Curtains 7. Desk 8. Jute rug 9. Lamp
10. Birdcage mirror 11. Futon 12. Dresser 13. Fish bowl 14. Pillow

Right now the back room of my house is completely unfinished. It has no flooring, and just plain drywall, but eventually, it will be a craft/guest room! 
I need a space to have my sewing machine and craft supplies, all which are super colorful, so I want to keep the room itself neutral. 
1. I love the idea of displaying certain craft supplies. Buttons in jars, paint bottles, glitter, brushes. Hopefully seeing all my supplies on the wall will inspire me!
2. I love birch trees, and since I don't have any in my yard, I want to paint some on my wall. Maybe throw some birds up there for fun.


3. I have wanted this pendant light since I saw it while shopping at Lowes. I tried to convince Dave that it would look awesome in our kitchen, but he didn't go for it. BUT I WILL HAVE THIS IN MY HOUSE.
4. Chalkboard wall. 'Nuff said.
5. I found a bunch of containers in the Target Dollar Spot with a quatrefoil pattern in tan and black a few months ago. Love the pattern and the colors.
6. The room has sliding glass doors to our deck. If anyone ever wanted to sleep in this room, I'm going to need some curtains. Sewing curtains is super easy, but I love the look of the wide stripe at the top in these IKEA curtains. 
7. I need a desk to hold my desktop computer and my sewing machine. It's such a pain to have to lug my machine out that I don't use it as much as I want to. I cannot wait to have a place to keep it!
8. After installing our new hardwood floors, I want them to stay as perfect as possible (until I ruin them, as I'm always the one to ruin everything around here) so I want a sturdy rug that the computer chair can sit on. 
9. As if I could ever afford this lamp. But isn't it pretty? I'm planning some sort of DIY recreation... 
10. I found a birdcage mirror at Goodwill for only $8! Maybe the whole birdcage/bird thing is over done by now, but I'm still in love with the whole trend.


11. In general, I hate futons. But the room isn't really big enough for a pull out couch, and I might hate those more than futons. I do love this small futon from Target, it's low to the ground and looks somewhat comfortable. Hopefully.
12. A lot of my craft supplies aren't pretty enough to be on a shelf. So. Much. Yarn. And paper. And fabric. And just about anything you can imagine. So I definitely need storage. Also, I am planning on having a small TV back there for any guests that end up staying at our house.
13. My husband gave me this fish bowl for our anniversary this year. I had no idea what I was going to put in it until I saw that people put REAL FISH in them! Duh! 
14. I can't keep pillows on my living room couch. I mean, I could but the kids would take them all over and they'd probably end up on the floor more than the couch. Although, I would never pay $20 for a pillow, so I'm definitely planning another DIY project.

So there you have it. A super long post about what I want to do with my craft room. Hopefully in a few months I'll be sharing pictures of a room that looks just like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment