Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Best Salad Dressing. I Know A Lot Of People Say That, But Seriously.

I LOVE Italian dressing.
My mom always mixed the packets in the glass jar that comes with them. 


Poured over sliced tomatoes - classic side dish from my childhood.
As delicious as Good Seasons Italian Dressing is, 
(especially when it mixes with your baked potato... mmmmm....)
it's crazy salty and full of corn sugar and preservatives. 
Not to mention expensive!
Plus, Kraft is on the list of Monsanto owned companies, and I try to avoid them as much as I possibly can.
So, naturally, I make my own dressing.
And let me tell you, it is DELICIOUS!
I think I could drink the stuff. I haven't, but I'm not going to rule it out. 
I may or may not have licked my plate. Just a little.
My kids love it too, my son actually said "I love this so much more than ranch!"
And if you have a young child, you probably know how much they love ranch.

(I took this picture after we ate a bunch of it - it makes more than that!)


THE BEST SALAD DRESSING EVAAAAAHHHH!

1/3 c. Mayonnaise (next time I will be using homemade mayo!)
1/3 c. Apple cider vinegar
3 Tbs. Olive oil
2 Tbs. Honey
1 clove chopped garlic
3 Tbs. Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. Onion powder
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
Half of a lemon juice

Mix it up! 


Tangy, garlicky goodness with a hint of sweetness.


Yum!


The kids really do love this dressing! The ate every last bite, and so did I!
And yes, I dipped my potato in it too!








No comments:

Post a Comment