Sunday, June 24, 2012

Picnic Party


Amelie's First Birthday Party!



For decorations I used hanging paper fans in the party colors (pink and turquoise), fabric flags, and 17 in round balloons



I made the flags by ripping squares of fabric and ironing them to a string of twine with Stitch Witchery.
Most of m fabric was vintage sheets I found at thrift stores.


My favorite decoration was the balloons. I bought them from Balloon Warehouse online and had them inflated at Party City. Ami didn't really like them, but they were so charming!


Ok - let's talk food.




We had a "pack your own picnic" buffet


Including:
Turkey and Muenster Sandwiches
White Cheddar Pasta Salad
Strawberry Almond Salad
Watermelon
Veggie Chips
Strawberry Rice Crispie Treats






For favors we had sugar cookies for the adults and marshmallow cupcakes for the kids.
I bought the marshmallow cupcakes after Easter for 75% off!



The tags for the food I made by downloading a blank printable and adding the words in Photoshop.I found this one on Free Pretty Things For You.

We had water and lemonade for drinks. 



The cake!


The cake was store bought at the last minute (we're moving and had in-laws in town, I ran out of time!) but I added crushed turquoise rock candy on top, and my super awesome husband made a rose out of flavored tootsie rolls!



She approved!


For everyone else, we had cupcakes. 


The spoons were tied on with ribbon and clipped in the lid of the cup. I bought the cups and lids at GFS. The cupcakes were topped with homemade frosting, sprinkles, and a heart shaped marshmallow. We had ice cream to put on them too!


I bought Amelie's outfit on Etsy from Miss Priss. 



I made the lace crown by soaking lace in fabric stiffner and then cliping it in a circle. (I actually wrapped it around a lamp to dry) After it was dry I painted it with gold sparkles. I added the white flower clips to hold it together.


I bought a frame at a thrift store, took the picture and glass out and used the frame for pictures.






Daddy's girl :)


We had an amazing time, thanks to everyone that came!



Happy Birthday Ami!


3 comments:

  1. this is so cute! i love everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI,
    This is a super cute party!
    I am interested in knowing where you got these baskets and parasols!!!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete