Thursday, March 7, 2013

Blue and Orange Baby Shower


Doesn't that look fun?!?


For this Baby Shower, I really wanted to do something bright and fun but not tied down to any specific theme. 


I chose to do a combination of aqua and orange, with a little gray and silver. 


The main decorations were the garlands. I did a circle garland, a strip garland, a bunting flag garland, and streamers I cut into triangles. These garlands were super easy to make! Just cut out or punch your shapes and sew together. Simple, cheap, and cute!


I also added some tissue paper poufs (following Martha Stewart's directions again) and paper lanterns. 


Can you tell I loved this look? I only took 239485763829 pictures of it. 


And here's the beautiful desert table!


Cookie Lollipops
Cake Pops
Sixlets
Orange Slices
Marshmallow Popcorn
Chocolate Dipped Rice Crispie Treats
Fudge


How perfect are these? And so delicious!




I unfortunately forgot to take a picture of the inside of the cake (WHY???) but it was vanilla cake in ombre orange layers with orange cream filling. 
For the outside, I frosted it with cream cheese frosting and used chocolate melting wafers to make the dots. 



I made the cake topper the same way I made the garlands and then tied it to two wooden skewers.


I designed all the food labels and water bottle labels.


The holder for my cookie lollipops is just styrofoam that I painted black. This has come in handy so many times! 

 



The Blue Lemonade Punch was amazing! Blue Hawaiian Punch mixed with Lemonade.



We did have non-sweet food too!
Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
Meatballs
Chips
Grapes
Veggie Tray


Simple and easy, but everyone was happy and full.




The background for the table was a balloon wall with a paper onesie garland. 
I originally wanted to do an ombre balloon wall, but alas, they only had one shade of aqua at Party City!


I loved the way it turned out anyway!


I free-handed the onesie shape, cut it out of dark gray card-stock and added sparkly silver letters to spell "Boys Rock!"


For a table runner, I used orange polka-dot wrapping paper. The centerpiece was a small tissue ball I bought at Walmart with a circle I printed taped to it. 


Gotta love a vintage blue mason jar!


Our only game was a Mad-Lib! I wrote a custom Mad-Lib having to do with the mother-to-be, and we read them aloud. This was hilarious!






Custom designed invitation can be ordered from my shop:



1 comment:

  1. Do you still happen to have all the bunting? willing to buy it off you

    ReplyDelete